Raise your hand if you’re sick of applying false lash strips and tirelessly washing off the layers of waterproof mascara at 9pm just so you could achieve that dramatic, voluminous, Disney princess lash look during the day? 🙋🏻♀️ Us too. There needs to be another way, right? Over the past few years, our lashes have gone through everything: tints, individual false lashes, clumpy mascara… you name it. But then the new kids on the block arrived, eyelash extensions and lash lifts, and have forever changed the eyelash game. So, the question is, lash lifts verse eyelash extensions… which one should you choose?
What are lash lifts?
As the name suggests, a keratin lash lift is the process of… well, lifting your eyelashes. It’s helpful to think of them like a lash perm. A lash lift treatment is designed to curl your natural lashes, so they appear longer and fuller than your usual lashes. The application only requires your natural lashes, a safe lash glue, and a silicone mould to hold your lashes in place while the keratin lash formula does its work. Psst, did you know every lash lift treatment at Eye Envy Co comes with a lash tint? We like to spoil ya 💅🏼
And what are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are a step up from lash lifts. Similar to a lash lift, eyelash extensions are designed to add length and volume to your eyelashes. Lash extensions also use a strong (safe) lash glue to apply individual extensions on top of your natural lash line. Your natural lashes are used to hold the lash extensions in place. When applied correctly, the eyelash extensions blend in with your natural lashes, so you won’t need to worry about irregular, noticeable length differences. Extensions can be customised based on your eye shape and the look you want – the desired look is usually dependant on how natural or dramatic you prefer your eyelashes.
So, which one should you choose?
The decision to choose lash lifts or eyelash extensions comes down to the differences in each treatment.
· Budget – generally, lash lifts range from $80-100, whilst extensions can be $100-200 depending on the type of extensions you choose. Whether you opt for a lash lift or extensions may be dependent on personal budget reasons.
· The desired look – your decision may simply come down to the type of look you are after. A lash lift uses your natural lashes, so naturally, will have a more natural look. Although, the type of eyelash extensions you choose can also achieve a natural look. Classic lash extensions give you that natural look, whilst still adding length and volume. If you prefer a more dramatic lash look, volume or mega volume eyelash extensions are for you.
· Application time – if you’re on a tight schedule, a 2-hour lash appointment may not be feasible for you. Lash lifts usually take between 30-60 minutes, whilst extensions can take upwards of 90 minutes. Longer appointments are great when you have the time or want to feel pampered for longer.
· Maintenance – most people make their lash treatment decisions based on the level of maintenance. Lash lifts last between 6-8 weeks, which means you may only need to visit your lash artist every two months or so. Extensions require more care and frequent touch-ups, as they last 2-3 weeks before needing an infill.
Whether you choose a lash lift or eyelash extensions, there are pros shared between each treatment:
· You can go makeup-free with both because your eyelashes are going to look fantastic from the minute you wake up!
· Both lash options are long-lasting. Eyelash extensions last between 3-5 weeks and lash lifts last around 6-8 weeks. Both are susceptible to your natural lash cycle – eyelash extensions fall out as your natural lashes fall out, and your lash lift will grow out as your natural lashes fall out and grow back with their natural curl.
At the end of the day, your choice depends on a few things: your budget, the look you are going for, and how much time you have to a) get them applied, and b) maintain them. Both options are great for enhancing your eyelashes and daily (no) makeup looks, so the choice is really up to you! So, which one are you leaning towards? Lash lifts or extensions?
Book your next lash appointment with Eye Envy Co here!